RN Home Health Visit Nurse (FT, M-F 1st shift)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Registered Nurse – Visit Nurse in Home Health/Hospice Care is to assume ongoing...
Job Views ( 22 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Registered Nurse – Visit Nurse in Home Health/Hospice Care is to assume ongoing assessment, care planning, documentation of progress, and accountability, for his/her assigned patients within the Home Health/Hospice system.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide disease/diagnosis age specific care to the patients served with Bridge Home Health and Hospice.
Duty 3: Establishes and maintains communication/collaboration with the case manager, interdisciplinary team, and patient’s primary physician regarding patient condition, orders, plan of care, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 4: Makes visits as assigned by case manager/scheduler in compliance with the plan of care.
Duty 5: Able to communicate admission and recertification criteria specific to each patient.
Duty 6: Documentation is consistent with or exceeds Bridge Home Health and Hospice guidelines
Duty 7: Manages weekend assignments responsible to include keeping case manager and/or home health/hospice manager informed of any unusual or special incident occurrences.
Duty 8: Utilizes a team approach to teaching opportunities and family care issues of the patient.
Duty 9: Consistently maintains optimal patient care within budget constraints.
Duty 10: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 11: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and Medicare/Medicaid compliance to include Home Health and/or Hospice guidelines.
* Current R.N. licensure for the state of Ohio.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience.
* Homecare/Hospice work experience preferred.
* Current Ohio Driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to provide own transportation while on duty required.
* Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
22 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help