PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee, coordinates total nursing care for...
Job Views ( 9 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee, coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Maintains a rotating schedule of shifts at both Bluffton and Findlay campuses.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN’s, Nurse Aides, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
Duty 8: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction
Duty 9: Implements a thorough knowledge of maternal and pediatric equipment to provide a clean and safe environment of care.
Duty 10: Displays an understanding and directs own abilities to function in all three areas of OB (Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery) to provide efficient delivery of patient care.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio RN license.
* ACLS certification (within 6 months of hire)
* BCLS certification (within 6 months of hire)
* NRP certification (within 6 months of hire)
* STABLE certification (within one year of hire)
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* 1 year nursing experience in a hospital setting
* Previous experience in Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help