PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates inpatient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates inpatient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN’s, Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Current Ohio License as a Registered Nurse
* Must obtain ACLS & PALS certification within 6 months of hire
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help