RN – Operating Room – 36 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach, and evaluate nursing...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach, and evaluate nursing care; to ensure quality and efficiency according to established policies and procedures, and especially the performance of job-related technical skills.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintain communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other.
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served in surgery.
Duty 4: Collaborates with the physician regarding patient condition, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care the impending surgical procedure.
Duty 5: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 6: Able to use and maintain all patient care equipment and notify appropriate personnel in the event of a failure.
Duty 7: Utilizes supplies in a cost effective manner and actively participates in the daily ordering and stocking of equipment and supplies.
Duty 8: Completes accurate documentation relating to patient records and charges, demonstrates knowledge and correct use of all forms in regards to day-to-day operation of the department.
Duty 9: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the surgical patients needs by: providing adequate comfort, positioning needs, and maintaining a safe, healthy, clean environment.
Duty10: Actively participates with intradepartmental meetings and in services, reviews minutes, and keeps self-informed of any change within the department.
Duty 11: Correctly identifies the patient, by two identifiers, for any procedure or treatment, and always verifies the procedure and / or laterality, if applicable, before any surgical procedure.
Duty 12: Functions effectively / efficiently in emergency, while utilizing universal precautions for all patient care activities. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of: surgical procedures in conjunction with all applicable standards of care (i.e. sponge, needle, and instrument counts), infection control, and isolation procedures, while maintaining aseptic technique.
Duty 13: Assists with OR turnover and case preparation
* Graduate of an ANA approved school of nursing.
* Licensed by State of Ohio Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration.
* Special Care experience.
* ACLS certification required.
* Knowledge of instruments and medically related equipment for surgical and endoscopic procedures.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help