RN OR LPN
Job Description Job Purpose: Serves patients by providing educational information; helping with daily living; monitoring vital signs and functions; administering...
Job Views ( 82 )
Upper Sandusky, OhioWyandot County
Serves patients by providing educational information; helping with daily living; monitoring vital signs and functions; administering medications.
* Educates patients and their families by assisting in preoperative, postoperative, and relevant health teaching.
* Administers medications by preparing medications; administering specified medication orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection; recording dosage and time in patient record; maintaining logs.
* Provides ancillary medical care by dressing wounds; giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages; applying compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
* Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
* Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays for prescribed diet; feeding patients; recording food and fluid intake and output.
* Helps patients with daily living by bathing, dressing, and assisting patients in walking and turning.
* Keeps nursing supervisors informed by observing patients and reporting adverse reactions to medication or treatment.
* Maintains equipment and supplies by keeping catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen supplies available.
* Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
* Prepares cadavers for motuary by washing and dressing deceased persons.
* Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances nursing and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Administering Medication, Pain Management, Nutrition, Informing Others, Hospital Environment, Bedside Manner, Nursing Skills, Listening, Multi-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Acute/Critical Care
Email:Apply by Email
View Job at OMJ
82 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help