RN Outpatient Infusion Therapy
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Outpatient Infusion Center RN is responsible for coordination of patient activities thru a plan of care...
Job Views ( 1 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Outpatient Infusion Center RN is responsible for coordination of patient activities thru a plan of care in the outpatient setting. To provide support, leadership and communication channels for staff and physician.
Armes Family Cancer Care Center is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime”.
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient within the clinic setting.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Coordinates Clinic activities in relation to supplies, patient scheduling, and staffing for administration of prescribed therapies.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
Duty 8: Facilitates allocation of resources for resolution of patient/family needs via multidisciplinary approach especially by: a. Working closely with Social Services. b. Communicating directly with ECF if necessary. c. Knowing capabilities and resources for Hospice and Home Health Services. d. Other disciplines as appropriate.
Duty 9: Effectively communicates with physicians to determine Clinic program enhancement.
Duty 10: Provides input and collaboration with Clinic Supervisor or Manager to assist with clinic process improvements and enhancements.
Duty 11: Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio registration.
* At least one year RN nursing experience.
* Must obtain Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) within 2 years of hire date.
* IV skills.
* Oncology Education and Chemotherapy Certification required after probationary period (or no longer than 6 months from DOH).
* BSCLS required after probationary period (or no longer than 6 months from DOH).
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* 1 year of Nursing experience.
* Oncology experience.
* Chemo Certified.
* Oncology Certified Nurse.
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help