RN Pediatric Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to promote excellence in the nursing practice of pediatric patients via...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to promote excellence in the nursing practice of pediatric patients via the integration of the following role functions: expert in clinical practice in the acute care nursing setting; presence as a clinical resource and consultant to associates and others; and commitment to the ongoing professional and educational development of self and fellow associates. The RN Pediatric Coordinator assists in monitoring quality improvement issues and assists in the total coordination of pediatric care throughout the inpatient areas and ED.
Duty 1: The RN Pediatric Coordinator participates in total nursing care for patients of all ages, participates in patient and family teaching, and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Duty 2: Collaborates with nursing leadership, pediatric providers, and pediatric affiliate resources to implement, evaluate, and update pediatric nursing education and current evidence based practice processes. Collaborates with clinical resource nurses in all inpatient areas and ED that may care for the pediatric population. Also assists with in-servicing/training staff, regarding new policies/procedures and equipment.
Duty 3: Maintains current knowledge of national nursing care practice standards and incorporates evidence based practice information/nursing research into daily activities and personal practice.
Duty 4: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 5: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 7: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 8: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of RNs, LPNs, Patient Care Techs, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 9: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Current Ohio License as a Registered Nurse
* Three years of experience in the field of general nursing required. Pediatric related experience also required.
* Demonstrates ability to work in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health care providers.
* BLS provider certification
* PALS certification required or to be obtained within the first six months of employment.
* Basic skills in the use of personal computer (word processing and presentation skills) and audiovisual equipment required
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help