RN Pre-Admission Screening (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the Pre-Admission Testing role is to complete the pre-anesthesiology work for surgical patients...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Pre-Admission Testing role is to complete the pre-anesthesiology work for surgical patients at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center. Conducts assessment interviews and provides patient education, reviews pre-op tests/procedures, provides on-going communication and follow up with anesthesiology and other appropriate departments to ensure patient readiness for surgery, files patient information, and assists in the registration area with direct patient care as directed.
Duty 1: Provides customer education on all test/procedures.
Duty 2: Conducts thorough and accurate pre-anesthesia interviews.
Duty 3: Validates patients’ demographic data, including completing any insurance/second opinion processes.
Duty 4: Assures completeness of pre-operative data.
Duty 5: Provides pertinent peri-operative education to patient/family.
Duty 6: Notifies appropriate disciplines/departments of preparatory interventions and treatments.
Duty 7: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served in the department. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
Duty 8: Actively participates in the planning for and prioritizing of education needs in the department.
Duty 9: Completes the annual competency program, including all documentation requirements.
Duty 10: Provides various training for projects assigned.
Duty 11: Promotes a positive image of the department and organization. Interacts effectively with coworkers and director. Keeps director informed.
Duty 12: Actively participates in seeking learning opportunities and readily shares knowledge with the department associates.
* Graduate of ANA-approved school of nursing.
* Licensed by State of Ohio Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration.
* Minimum two years clinical experience.
* Ability to work at a computer for long periods. Skilled in typing. Ability to use the telephone to respond to customers, and the ability to use the computer and telephone simultaneously.
* Knowledge of medically related equipment for surgical and endoscopic procedures.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of CPT Coding, ICD 9 Codes, and Medicare Reimbursement Issues preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking; sitting, including sitting for up to 4 hours at a time; lifting, up to 50 lbs; b
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help