RN – Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to the sexual assault...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to the sexual assault victim. The SANE exam may include a medical-forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, photographic documentation, and referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up, support and participation in legal proceedings.
Duty 1: Displays Service Excellence as evidence by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 2: Ability to triage patient to determine if medical exam is needed before forensic exam.
Duty 3: Coordinates care by all agencies involved in assisting the sexual assault victim and coordinates referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up as needed for each patient.
Duty 4: Performs a complete physical and forensic evidence collection examination including Head-to-Toe assessment for trauma, detailed genital examination, forensic specimen collection and documentation, including photography, and assess for mandatory reporting status, reporting when appropriate
Duty 5: Documents detailed injuries accurately with support of photographic evidence.
Duty 6: Maintains chain of custody for each sexual assault exam and adheres to evidence protocols.
Duty 7: Maintains competency by maintaining active performance of cases with no lapse of greater than six months.
Duty 8: Participates in quality assurance chart and photograph review process as determined by the SANE program
Duty 9: Adheres to all administrative, clinical, and employment policies and procedures on file with the SANE program
Duty 10: Commits to cover minimum number of shifts, holiday coverage, and other scheduling requirements as determined by the SANE program.
Duty 11: Participates in professional development as determined by the SANE program, including staff meetings, conferences, and in services.
Duty 12: Provides testimony as fact witness to any/all cases performed and coordinates with attorneys during judicial process.
Duty 13: Travels to Bluffton Hospital for patient care
Duty 14: Administers appropriate prophylactic medications.
* Current Ohio Registered Nurse Licensure
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* 40 hour didactic SANE training (Can be provided)
* 2 year RN experience
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help