Road Patrol Deputy
Job Purpose: Protects life and property by providing law enforcement; supporting the court system; responding to emergencies;...
Job Views ( 7 )
Ottawa, OhioOther County
Protects life and property by providing law enforcement; supporting the court system; responding to emergencies; investigating crimes; obtaining and securing evidence; seizing illegal substances and goods; apprehending, jailing, transporting, and guarding criminals.
* Supports court decisions and trials by serving subpoenas, summonses, warrants, injunctions and other court orders; testifying at depositions, trials, hearings, and Grand Juries.
* Maintains public security by operating correctional facilities for the county; ensuring safety in court houses and courtrooms.
* Controls prisoners by escorting them to and from correctional facilities; transporting fugitives from other jurisdictions.
* Patrols assigned areas by driving a patrol car; investigating suspicious or criminal activity; seizing illegal substances and firearms; searching and arresting suspects.
* Provides security for special functions by initiating traffic controls; conducting special parking rule enforcement; escorting funerals.
* Responds to emergencies by providing first aid for accident victims or victims of violent crimes; securing crime scenes; obtaining fingerprints; photographing persons, evidence, and crime scene; seizing and impounding vehicles or property; procuring and safeguarding evidence; conducting witness, victim, and suspect interviews and completing documentation; warning and safeguarding citizens from potential dangers and hazards.
* Gathers information by interviewing victims, witnesses, informants, and suspects; completing interrogation reports.
* Provides information by maintaining notes of warnings, arrests, contacts; updating and maintaining manuals and files; preparing correspondence and reports.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions for issued equipment, firearms, and patrol vehicle; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances sheriff’s department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Surveillance Skills, Initiative, Leadership, Motivating Others, Verbal Communication, Action Oriented, Resolving Conflict, Community Outreach, Attention to Detail, Integrity, Attendance
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help