The Safety Engineer is responsible for identifying and improving safety processes within a manufacturing environment in order to provide the...
Job Views ( 21 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
The Safety Engineer is responsible for identifying and improving safety processes within a manufacturing environment in order to provide the safest work environment possible for GROB employees. The ideal candidate will effectively build trust and positive relationships with employees at all organizational levels.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training for all employees
- Assist management in the inspection of worksites to assure safe conditions for employees; prepare recommendations to management on ways to reduce and/or eliminate identified hazards
- Complete timely and thorough incident investigations with appropriate documentation and develop measures to prevent further occurrences
- Conduct job safety and PPE assessments; recommend PPE purchases as necessary
- Partner with OSHA and other pertinent federal and state regulatory agencies as necessary
- Reporting to Federal and State EPA regarding regulatory permitting
- Preparing laser product reports subject to the requirements of 21 CFR1040.11 (c) for equipment we manufacture
- Partner with the Continuous Improvement department and Management Representative to prepare and conduct ISO9001 and ISO14001 duties and audits
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or similar field
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry
- Experience participating in or conducting ISO9001 and ISO14001 audits or incident investigations highly preferred
- Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve complex situations while utilizing available resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; particularly with technical information that must be conveyed in a clear and convincing way
- Exhibit strong problem-solving capabilities
- Willing to work overtime as deemed necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
To Apply: Visit http://www.joingrob.com/
View Job at OMJ
21 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help