Sales Manager – Baker Mix
Sales Manager – Bakery Mix at Mennel Milling Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is...
Job Views ( 5 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Sales Manager – Bakery Mix at Mennel Milling
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate internal and external activities related to the sales and marketing of flour. This position will serve as a liaison between flour sales and other departments aiding in the development of current and future customers, while providing service support to co-product sales and the transportation department. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
- Responsible for customer contact, including pricing, contracting, and the prospecting and development of new accounts.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships; partnering with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Travel as required to visit current and potential customers to evaluate needs and promote products and services, and to attend industry conferences and tradeshows .
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams to implement targeted sales strategy and foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Preparation and update of all required sales reports, statistical data, and customer information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience within the industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ sales and customer service experience.
- Experience with computers and various Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure and with problem-solving issues.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Good knowledge of product and capabilities.
- Requires a high level of customer knowledge and skills in handling issues involving milling, lab analysis, scheduling, packing and loading, and other production or technical questions that might arise.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help