Sales Manager – Bakery Mix
Sales Manager – Bakery Mix at Mennel Milling Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is...
Job Views ( 4 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Sales Manager – Bakery Mix at Mennel Milling
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate internal and external activities related to the sales and marketing of bakery mixes. This position will call directly upon current and prospective customers and coordinate bakery mix sales activities with other departments aiding in the development of these customers. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday – Friday; 8AM – 5PM. Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for specific customer contact including the prospecting and developing of new accounts and new business with existing accounts, sales strategy development, relationship management, pricing, contracting, forecasting and problem resolution.
- Communication liaison between customers and the Mennel Bakery mix facility / other customer facing functions.
- Responsible for order processing.
- Interacts with R&D, technical service, transportation, accounting, operations, and executive functions.
- Preparation and update of all required sales reports, statistical data and customer information.
- Customer credit inquiry, management, and collections, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or related field preferred; equivalent experience within the industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic sales and customer service experience.
- Bakery ingredient sales experience, a plus.
- Relationships with national and regional restaurant chains / baked goods manufacturers, a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Well spoken, articulate and courteous verbal, written and phone correspondence.
- Must have professional presence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure and with problem-solving issues.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Good knowledge of product and capabilities.
- Requires a high level of customer knowledge and skills in handling issues involving product development, food manufacturing, scheduling, packing and loading, and other production or technical questions that might arise.
- Ability to travel, as needed, up to 80% based on customer and business requirements.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help