Secretary Pain Management – Findlay – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate and organize the activities and office of...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate and organize the activities and office of the pain management center. Assists pain management staff in delivery of optimal patient care.
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duty 1: Accurately identifies a patient, and verifies demographic data.
Duty 2: Retrieves previous information and verifies accuracy.
Duty 3: Accurately receives and transmits information to and from physician’s offices in regards to patients file.
Duty 4: Assures that information on patient records is accurate, complete, and up to date.
Duty 5: Accurately gathers data for scheduling a patient appointment. Processes all information to proper locations.
Duty 6: Prepares and maintains patient records.
Duty 7: Responds to changes in workload and responsibilities.
Duty 8: Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette.
Duty 9: Able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Duty 10: Knowledge of all supplies used in the clinic. Assist with maintaining stock by coordinating courier visits.
* Personable demeanor, efficient, fast paced work habits.
* An interest in pain management, ability to work as a Team member, careful attention to detail.
* Clerical skills, CPR training, office management skills, typing, filing, computer literacy, ability to follow instructions.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must help transport patients and be able to lift 50 pounds or more. The individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, have fine fingers dexterity and manipulation. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulders. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help