Secretary Rehabilitation Services (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Secretary in Rehabilitation is to maintain the physical environment to the reception/computer...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Secretary in Rehabilitation is to maintain the physical environment to the reception/computer area and performs secretarial and receptionist duties under the Director of Rehabilitation Services or his/her designee .
* Duty 1: Schedules, registers, and pre registers new and recurrent patients in Meditech in accordance of quality standards and maintaining an avg of 98% accuracy rate.
* Duty 2: Accurately inputs, and verifies daily charges, appointments, and schedule changes.
* Duty 3: Accurately compiles and submits monthly statistical reports of visits, referrals, service excellence, IP billing errors to the departmental manager.
* Duty 4: Communicates daily via telephone, fax or email to referring physicians, patients to ensure satisfaction of those we serve.
* Duty 5: Coordinates and controls billing audits, record retrieval, and file requests while maintaining patient confidentiality.
* Duty 6: Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the department processes (i.e. cleans beds, equipment, stocks linens, order supplies).
* Duty 7: Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Duty 8: Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (i.e. performs daily crash cart checklist, performs monthly check of Paraffin, clean Hydrocollator).
* Duty 9: A) Accurately performs BWC, Medicare compliance checker, and verifies patient insurance coverage prior to patient 1st appointment. B) Ensures FORMFAST forms are printed and patients’ chart is made up prior to patients’ first appointment. C) Scans insurance card(s), photo id, scripts on the date of the evaluation into Meditech/Cerner.
* Duty 10: Participates in 4 activities per year within the community that promotes the rehabilitation department.
* Duty 11: Attends 10 staff meetings per year to ensure proper communication of departmental/organizational progress, and /or changes.
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Medical terminology and experience in patient scheduling desirable
Frequently transports patient’s folders, treatment materials, and office supplies (1 to 5 lbs.). Frequently pushes/pulls file and storage cabinet drawers to retrieve and return materials. Frequently changes body position from sit-stand or stand-sit during treatment, documentation, general office activities. Occasionally provides steadying or light assistance to ambulatory
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help