Seed Cleaning/Grain Facility Associate – Legacy Farmers Cooperative
HIRING MANAGER: Lisa Christman Job Description: Directly involved with customers on a daily basis handling seed treating and cleaning as well as...
Job Views ( 17 )
Deshler, OhioOther County
HIRING MANAGER: Lisa Christman
Directly involved with customers on a daily basis handling seed treating and cleaning as well as grain handling. Assists in good housekeeping and safety practices to maintain grain facility.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Handling, cleaning and treatment of seed wheat at Deshler location
* Receiving and handling of grain from customers
* Will be expected to work at other Legacy locations, as needed
* This position requires a full range of body motion including bending, squatting and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and reach work above shoulders
* Positive Customer-Service oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Possess flexibility and adaptability in meeting constraints and demands
* Ability to read and follow detailed directions and learn new skills as required
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
* High school graduate preferred with OABA Student Credential a plus
* Treatment application license needed. Legacy will assist in getting license, if needed.
* Working knowledge of the agriculture industry, grain facility operations including experience handling grain from pit to load out a plus
* Comfortable in, around and on top of grain bins and railcars
* Maintain an attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative
* Ability to operate forklift/skid steer safely and proficiently (training provided)
* Ability to work well with others and independently
Miscellaneous Information & Preferred Experience
* Standard work week is Monday through Friday; needs of the business may dictate exceptions to this standard, including overtime and weekends as required
* No overnight travel
* Overtime as required
* Applicants agree to be drug tested as a condition of employment and will not be hired should he/she fail to produce a negative test
* Basic computer skills
* Intermediate level welding & fabricating skills
* Uphold all Legacy Farmers Cooperative’s policies
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help