Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant Office of the Dean College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering Position Summary: This position reports directly to the Dean...
Job Views ( 24 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Senior Administrative Assistant
Office of the Dean
College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering
Position Summary: This position reports directly to the Dean and performs a variety of administrative/secretarial assignments in direct relation to the Dean’s level of responsibility. Relieves the Dean of non-routine and routine administrative tasks. Serves as the liaison between the Dean and University administrators, College administration, faculty and staff. Transmits decisions, assignments, and directives to the Associate Deans and Department Chairs. Monitors operating budget and serves as secretary for the Academic Leadership Team of the College.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage daily calendar, screens/manages incoming phone calls. Open, sort and distribute all Dean’s Office mail.
- Set appointments for Dean schedule, information packets.
- Assist with College communication and publications. Review and edits documents and materials prior to printing and mailing.
- Organize and maintain college records (digital and paper files).
- Research, analyze and compile data as needed for various reports internal and external to the College using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, etc.
- Compose complex and routine letters, emails, memoranda, various reports, presentations and proposals independently or from brief oral instruction, proofreads and edits.
- Communication liaison with other university offices, or other institutions of higher education, or industry.
- Coordinate travel and meeting arrangements.
- Track staff and administrative leave requests.
- Process travel reimbursement, payment requests, invoices, purchase orders, and PCard transactions.
- Order and maintain all office supplies for the Dean’s Office.
- Manage Dean’s Office operating budget, and project budgets. Ability to use FMS and Falcon’s Purch for tracking.
- Provide input on personnel-related matters. Establish and maintain personnel files/records for all faculty, administrative and classified staff of the College.
- Assist in implementing special projects. Manage College elections using Qualtrics.
- Coordinate college commencement participation, attend commencement meetings and organize the college commencement reception.
- Oversee the process for Faculty Improvement Leaves and Emeritus Faculty Status.
- Assist Dean with College and Departmental Strategic Plans.
- Develop the College’s Highlight for the monthly Board of Trustees report.
- Act as liaison between the Dean, Associate Deans, and Chairs of Departments, as well as other College personnel and administrators across campus and relieves the Dean of routine and non-routine duties.
- Create contract addendums for adjuncts, summer instruction, stipends, etc.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential situations involving faculty, staff, students, parents and industrial representatives for the Dean’s Office.
- Keep the Dean, Chairs, and Associate Deans alerted to required deadlines and communicate decisions, assignments and directives to all the administrators, faculty, administrative and classified staff of the College including the schedule for faculty reviews (Promotions, Tenure, EPR, APR, and Merit Reviews).
- Maintain and track a college-wide calendar.
- Assist in organizing the foundations scholarship awards. Generate the Award Forms for all foundation scholarships. Generate the congratulation letters to the student recipients and invitation letters to all scholarship recipients. Assist the awards committee in the organization of the yearly awards function.
- Serve as secretary for the Academic Leadership Team. Generate the agenda, packets of information pertaining to the agenda and disseminate to members. Make reports and oral presentations as necessary.
- Work with the Undergraduate Program Council on curriculum issues and relay curriculum changes to the Dean for his review and approval. Distribute university curriculum modification for review of chairs, dean, and ADeans.
- Work with the Dean on development projects. Set-up and support the Dean’s various Leadership Council meetings.
- Send letters and certificates to Deans’ List and Deans’ Honor Roll recipients each semester as well as display a list of current recipients.
- From weekly foundation reports, generate thank you letters for all donations to the College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering.
- Assist in organizing several College functions such as the Annual College Retreat, Homecoming, awards ceremony, graduation reception, etc.
- Hire and train student clerical workers and have authorization to sign off on all student clerical workers work time. Assist in interviewing and selection of secretarial support staff. Serve on faculty and dean search committees. Coordinate meetings with all staff to discuss upcoming projects, problems, etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of the annual Desktop Refresh process.
- Responsible for the completion of the bi-weekly Space Audit.
- Assimilate and process the annual surveys using Qualtrics.
- Assist in managing accreditation deadlines and visits at the College level.
- Coordinates human resources functions for the college. Assists with the development of position descriptions and advertisements for searches. Works with search committees on candidate selection and interview schedules.
- Prepares and monitors annual salary increases as directed. Completes necessary paperwork for Human Resources. Prepares contracts.
- Software Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, Outlook, etc.
- BGSU Systems: FMS, HCM, CSS, ODS, HireTouch, OnBase, Qualtrics, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to use sound judgment, tact and discretion when working with confidential files
Full-time, Classified staff position available. The hiring range for this position is $19.30 – $21.12, based on previous experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 21, 2022’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, flexible work options, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- One to two years related experience required; must include progressive administrative experience
- High school diploma or GED required
View Job at OMJ
24 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help