Senior Automotive Mechanic
Position Summary: Performs maintenance and technical repair on vehicles and equipment. Ensures equipment is ready for the day of operation....
Job Views ( 11 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Position Summary: Performs maintenance and technical repair on vehicles and equipment. Ensures equipment is ready for the day of operation. Maintains service records. Orders parts and equipment. Supports grounds department by performing assigned duties.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and performs minor and major repairs on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes service orders and obtains price quotes for parts and repairs.
- Purchases shop supplies and repair parts.
- Maintains service records for various departments.
- Performs day to day service prep such as oil changes, tire repairs, and change batteries on vehicles and equipment.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks, or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers and/or tape and disk drives
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Ability to operate hand and/or power grounds keeping equipment
- Ability to perform automotive and heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 26/$16.83. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 2, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Three to six months related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help