Position Summary: Handles electrical needs on campus, including electrical equipment and/or generators. Coordinates with engineers and contractors for projects related...
Job Views ( 15 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Position Summary: Handles electrical needs on campus, including electrical equipment and/or generators. Coordinates with engineers and contractors for projects related to electrical installation and impact. Provides work direction for trades and other staff.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installs and repairs most electrical devices, fire alarm systems, and generators on campus.
- Locates utilities.
- Coordinates with engineers and contractors for projects related to electrical installation and impact.
- Provides work directions to trades and other staff.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Ability to operate and use manual and power custodial equipment
- Ability to operate various culinary equipment
- Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Ability to operate hand and/or power grounds keeping equipment
- Ability to perform automotive and heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Knowledge of utility systems, units of measure, and dynamics of power systems
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 28/$20.37. Full benefit package available
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- One-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help