Job Description Position Summary: Maintains all aspects of grounds, ensuring all lawns, planting areas, sidewalks and...
Job Views ( 4 )
Bowling Green, OhioWyandot County
Maintains all aspects of grounds, ensuring all lawns, planting areas, sidewalks and parking areas continually are healthy and are free from debris.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs skilled grounds maintenance, including mowing, pruning, weeding, planting, fertilizing and applying herbicides to lawn, shrubbery and all planting areas.
- Maintains quality of sidewalks and parking areas by ensuring they are cleared of trash, debris, snow and ice.
- Cleans, repairs and performs minor service to equipment and vehicles used for grounds keeping duties.
- Participates in purchase of materials related to grounds keeping, including fertilizers, mulch, tools, chemicals and salt. Compares product prices and meets with sales representatives. Keeps accurate records and maintains inventory levels.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Ability to operate and use manual and power custodial equipment
- Ability to operate hand and/or power grounds keeping equipment
- Ability to perform automotive and heavy equipment maintenance and repair
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
Full-time classified staff position. Classified pay grade 25/$15.31/hr. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: January 21, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Six months related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help