Senior Information Security Analyst
Position Summary The Senior Information Security Analyst serves as the technical lead in protecting all of the University community’s...
Job Views ( 2 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Senior Information Security Analyst serves as the technical lead in protecting all of the University community’s digital data and information assets. Works directly for the Manager of Information Security to develop, monitor, and administer security policies and best practices for all campus computer systems, networks, and facilities. Design, construct and implement security solutions for new applications or business processes as they are introduced across campus. Leader among the Information Security Analysts that operate the only Digital Forensic lab in NW Ohio with the latest technologies, individuals, vendors, and law-enforcement agencies in the detection, investigation, and prevention of digital abuse for BGSU.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, construct and administer application systems and network security controls that include, but are not limited to firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and ERP systems
- Investigate and document the technical aspects of security-related incidents, in cooperation with law enforcement agencies or other organizations as necessary.
- Research security advisories, intrusion techniques, analysis tools, and practices. Recommend and/or implement solutions or improvements.
- Provide digital security oversight for all of the University applications, systems and networks; consult with application development and technical support staff to design and construct security systems using complex information technology tools and processes, within the scope of University security policies as well as applicable external laws and regulations..
- Implement, operate, and manage highly technical security analysis tools to assist with the identification and diagnosis of sources to problems.
- Review and update University digital security policies or procedures in a rapidly changing environment.
- Design and construct overall security plan for new applications used by the entire university community. Periodically review the security plan and make adjustments as necessary.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I57. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: June 2, 2022
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, flexible work options, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Technical skills such as programming/application development, network configuration, or server administration
- Ability to analyze complex systems and situations
- Ability to work discretely
- Forensic and/or investigation methodology including evidence acquistion, processing, and reporting
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate relevant risks and mitigation options in both written and verbal form
- Organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following is required:
- 3-4 years systems or network experience
- 3-5 years information security experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Global Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
The following is preferred:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor/Manager (CISA/CISM)
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help