Senior Library Associate – NW Ohio Regional Book Depository
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Depository Manager, supervises student staff. Using the online systems of the cooperating libraries (Bowling...
Job Views ( 14 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Depository Manager, supervises student staff. Using the online systems of the cooperating libraries (Bowling Green State University and the University of Toledo) and the state depository catalog, performs a variety of duties in coordinating circulation activities and resource sharing services. Provides input to planning and assists in carrying out the operation of a large-scale storage facility in an environment that stresses teamwork and team processes. Contributes to efforts around diversity, equity, and belonging through professional development and activities.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides training, scheduling, coordination, guidance, and evaluation for 8-20 student employees in completing their daily and long-term assignments. Hires student employees, handles building issues, and gives tours in the absence of Depository Manager.
- Coordinates and serves as primary resource person for circulation activities and resource sharing services, including OhioLINK, ILL, direct patron requests, and requests from BG & UT Libraries.
- Assists in a variety of projects. Operates equipment for storing and retrieving materials, which lifts the operator 32 feet above ground. Performs tasks that require walking, lifting (50 lbs.), bending, stooping, stretching, carrying, climbing, etc.
- Composes correspondence and reports; compiles and/or reviews statistical reports. Maintains departmental statistics and provides data support for various reports and projects.
- Solves problems related to job responsibilities as appropriate or as directed. Identifies policy and procedural issues and communicates them to the Depository Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified Pay Grade 27/$18.52. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 2, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment
- Two years related experience required; previous supervisory experience or training required.
- Related college coursework required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help