Senior MEP Superintendent
Position Summary: This position is responsible for supervisory and technical work involving the general maintenance and repair of building facilities...
Job Views ( 2 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This position is responsible for supervisory and technical work involving the general maintenance and repair of building facilities or the operation, maintenance and repair of climate control equipment, electrical and plumbing systems in university facilities. This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of employees and contractors engaged in complex activities relative to general maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities or the operation, repair and maintenance of large and small capacity heating, air conditioning and ventilation equipment (climate control, BAS) and electrical and plumbing systems, including boiler systems. The employee serves as an intermediary between building maintenance work crews and/or contractor work crews and operating department representatives as to the status, quality, and completion date of on-going projects. Supervisory tasks include conducting performance evaluations, recommend hiring, and discipline administration for the employees/contractors supervised as well as laying out their work and checking work quality. Maintain accurate records, cost estimates and complete supply requisitions. Under general direction, the employee is required to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in determining maintenance requirements and insuring timely completion of work projects.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, boiler systems and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) contractors; interview and makes recommendation for the hiring of staff; makes recommendations on discipline and termination; establishes schedules and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance; assists in enforcing policies and procedures; conducts training as necessary.
- Reviews work orders and blueprints or drawings; inspects site and consults with customers; determines best method to complete a project; estimates amount of materials and equipment needed to complete project; prepares cost estimates; arranges for materials to be at job site.
- Work as departmental liaison to for offering technical support and review of MEP operations and best practices
- Assists in the review of construction documents prepared by others. Assists with project oversight and compliance with Engineering Construction standards and Utility Master Plan coordination and related master planning efforts to support and implement university infrastructure and systems.
- Approves purchase of equipment and supplies; review specification, proposals and contracts; develops cost estimates and long term MEP solutions.
- Maintains files, invoices, purchase order, quotes, and records and required documentation to reflect department activity.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage others in equity, diversity and/or inclusion?
Full-time classified staff position. The hiring range for this position is $31.86 – $34.86, based on previous experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Two to three years of related experience required; previous supervisory experience or training required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help