Senior Student Services Counselor
Position Summary: Reports to the Associate Registrar for Registration and Scheduling and is responsible for reviewing, certifying and monitoring student...
Job Views ( 9 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Position Summary: Reports to the Associate Registrar for Registration and Scheduling and is responsible for reviewing, certifying and monitoring student records that are eligible for veteran benefits. As the certifying official for the University, this position maintains compliance with University and VA regulations. Assists with developing data systems, testing of programs to ensure accuracy of the systems and participates in implementation.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Researches and retrieves data from student files in order to verify benefits for veteran students. Coordinates the processing of all documents into the VAOnce program for certification of students receiving Montgomery GI Bill benefits.
- Consults by phone or in person with internal staff members, university staff in other areas, Firelands Branch campus employees, and government employees in Cleveland, Buffalo, or Columbus, OH regarding certification of student enrollment and programs as needed. Serves as the initial point of contact for students called to military duty advising them of the University’s military call-up procedures, collecting military orders and notifying other on-campus offices.
- Assigns tasks, training and maintain time sheet for VA work-study assistants.
- Coordinates the mechanized student “not-coming” and “withdrawal” data process campus wide. Provides\daily explanation and advice to and works closely with offices involved in this process (including all college offices, Bursar’s Office, Admissions Office, Residence Life, and Student Financial Aid) resulting in accurate processing when students leave the University. Processes registration changes on the student information system resulting from this data process and encodes these changes so that appropriate refunds are generated.
- Assists with the analysis of student dropped classes and encoding tuition and fee refunds on the student information system and late changes to student registrations.
- Responsible for reinstating students in the system that are on academic suspension and dismissal. Coordinates with departments wishing to participate in the 1st day Attendance policy the dropping of students who do not attend on the 1st day.
- Provides information, advice, and interpretation to office administrators and other employees regarding computerized reports and processes. Assists with developing, testing, and implementation of data systems when necessary.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help