Senior Systems Administrator – Remote
Position Summary The Senior Systems Administrator serves as the technical lead in the design, planning, and implementation of projects...
Job Views ( 13 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Senior Systems Administrator serves as the technical lead in the design, planning, and implementation of projects involving the university’s most mission-critical IT applications and servers. The position provides the highest level of support and monitoring of the university’s key applications and servers, such as the campus email system, portal, identity management, single sign on, virtualization infrastructure, and the university’s ERP applications.
This position will be a remote position open to Full-Time US Residents authorized to work within the US. The position is required to work primary during US EST business hours.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design/architect server infrastructure to support new applications. Research available technologies, determine server capacity and availability requirements, review software requirements, and determine integration strategies with other systems. Make recommendations to the Manager of IT/Infrastructure for best implementation practices.
- Implement new applications. Install server hardware and software. Implement clustering and failover, build interfaces to integrate with other systems, troubleshoot system issues, and perform functional and scalability tests to meet requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported issues with operating system and application software for university mission critical ITS services.
- Perform upgrades to server hardware, operating systems, and software on ITS systems to provide highest levels security, availability, and functionality of mission-critical services.
- Monitor essential ITS systems necessary for campus operations for performance, availability, and operational issues.
- Collaborate with other ITS personnel, serving as a technical lead in the evaluation and use of new technologies, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic networking skills
- Strong background in systems security
- Understanding of SAN technologies
- Understanding of high availability
- Identity Management
- Automation and Dev Op’s
- Single Sign On
- Scripting experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on mission-critical applications
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I57. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: June 17, 2022
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years – Unix/Linux Server Operating Systems Administration
- 1 year – Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- 1 year – Technical Project Leadership
The following education and experience are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- 2 years – Enterprise Level Systems design and support
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help