Job purpose Supervisors to manage blow molding operations. The supervisor will handle overseeing shift operations and will coordinate activities of workers....
Job Views ( 19 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Supervisors to manage blow molding operations. The supervisor will handle overseeing shift operations and will coordinate activities of workers. This position will ensure the safe and efficient operation of all injection molding processes. Supervisor must have strong supervisory skills and take an active leadership role in the motivation and development of shift employees to support customer requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow all safety requirements and proper use of PPE
- Provide leadership and direction for daily tasks for all shift employees
- Manage and complete production paperwork
- Meet performance goals
- Follow company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
- Reviews production schedules and work orders
- Excellent communication skills
- Assigns duties to workers according to order priorities
- Monitors employee work habits and makes sure tasks are completed in a prompt fashion.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Writes up reports of employee behavior or customer complaints.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Motivates employees
- Responds quickly and practically to emergencies, crises, or unexpected problems during the shift.
- Makes sure daily production goals are met.
- Keeps supervisor and upper level management apprised of daily operations.
- Processes paperwork for HR or upper management as needed.
- Trains new employees.
- Daily timecard checks for your employees to ensure payroll
“Hands-On” Supervisor working with associates to produce quality products for whip, pack out, and shipments.
- Ensures the plant and storage areas are in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains effective staff levels, follows fair and consistent progressive discipline procedures.
- Coaches, counsels, and oversee training employees to build teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Follows established standards for security, warehouse management system, and inventory control of the operation.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments, and direct the work of subordinate employees in an ever-changing environment and to ensure greatest productivity.
- Must have the ability to work independently and have strong written, oral and communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or have a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are needed of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Microsoft Excel
- High school or equivalent
- Production Supervisor: 3 years
- Manufacturing: 3 years
- Understand, read, and write English; bi-lingual is a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow directions
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow directions carefully
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with least supervision
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
Physical requirements & Working conditions
Work is performed in a warehouse environment and near other workers. Incumbent shall be expo to those conditions normally met in a business office environment and is occasionally subject to outdoor examination settings with exposure to diverse weather conditions such as wind, heat, cold, and rain. Physical demands are moderate, consisting primarily of sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and carrying moderately heavy boxes up to 50 pounds and/or using a hand dolly. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range, with or without correction, and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Incumbent must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime, if assigned, and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.
View Job at OMJ
19 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help