Shop Parts Specialist – NW OH
Job Description The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of...
Job Views ( 2 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
This position will be responsible for the full cycle of parts and supplies for the Shelly Northwest Equipment Group.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily engagement in the safety performance of the shop and yard.
- Be a single point of contact for all Mechanics for parts ordering and shipping.
- Parts kitting for scheduling of jobs.
- Manage all aspects of parts/supply inventory at the SNW Shop.
- Manage all aspects of our Purchase Order system.
- Involvement in current parts programs and procuring parts in line with those programs
- Monitoring of the internal Preventative Maintenance system for parts ordering.
- Working with the Construction Operations group on Purchase Orders as needed.(limited)
- Hours expectations are Monday through Friday, shift will begin at 7 am and will be 8 hours daily.
- Occasionally, pick up and deliver parts, as needed, to various company locations, job sites, and vendors
- Receive shipments, stock within the part department and organize as needed
- Will be responsible for completely reorganizing parts department individually.
- Maintain 5S standards within the department
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and company in regard to parts orders
- Clean up around shop and surrounding area, including taking out trash
- Must have valid drivers license to operate company owned vehicle (1-ton truck)
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
- This position will require some manual labor, and frequently lifting up to 50#.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school degree or GED required. Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have significant experience in navigating a computer including but not limited to: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Online Vendor Parts Books, etc. Must be detail orientated and organized. A general mechanical background is preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Must be able to frequently bend, kneel, squat, stand, walk, reach, drive, use fine motor skills and repetitive movement. Will need to occasionally climb.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud and may require protective equipment. Environment is occasionally hot, cold, or wet. May be exposed to noise, high heat and moving equipment. Will continuously work with others.
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help