Shop Technician – Findlay, OH
Job ID: 397281 The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt,...
Job Views ( 18 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Job ID: 397281
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Assists the Construction and Equipment groups as it relates to maintenance & repairs, maintaining ample supply inventory, onsite and offsite labor support according to local 18 Operating Engineers
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The Equipment related duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preventative maintenance on all small trailers, not including carryall trailers
- Perform miscellaneous small repairs on buildings
- Keeping the property clean and well organized (both inside and outside)
- Pickup of parts from suppliers and customers
- Move equipment that requires a CDL to various vendors, shops, and jobsites
- Keep the cold storage area organized for spare equipment parts
- Fabrication of parts as needed
- Monitoring of fuel, oil, and lubricant storage units
- Parts runner for equipment department
- Monthly shop pm (check fire extinguishers and ensure safety issues are addressed)
The Construction related duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Order and maintain small tool inventory (shovels, lutes, levels, rakes, etc.)
- Order and maintained small equipment inventory (cut-off saws, Plate tamps Pumps etc.)
- Pull maintenance on all the above small tools fixed what needed. Repair to keep running. Perform the maintenance in house vs. taking to repair shops.
- Maintain walk behind stripers for all paving/mill crews.
- Maintain all inventories in the cold storage barn.
- Keep MOT items organized and in usable form so they will be ready to use.
- Order and maintain supply of consumables for all paving/mill/construction crews which included Temporary paint/Marking paint/ stringline/Saw blades/Release agents/Small tools, etc.
- Maintain curb machine.
- Deliver a variety of equipment and construction material to crews on an as needed basis.
- Perform pre- CDL test walk- arounds and practice driving for new CDL candidates.
- Design and fabricate numerous projects needed to keep production and crews going.
- Design and fabricate numerous projects to aid in safety improvements.
- Clean and winterize small equipment at end of season.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing lasers for construction crews.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and general public.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Enroll in the Local 18 Operating Engineers Union, Aquire a class A CDL (company paid if you do not have one already), High School diploma, GED or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help