Social Services Caseworker
The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to fill an opening for a Social Service Caseworker to investigate claims of...
Job Views ( 17 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
The Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services is seeking to fill an opening for a Social Service Caseworker to investigate claims of abuse and neglect of children and older adults and to manage a caseload of foster and/or adoption assessments and placements. This position also testifies in court cases and serves as the on-call worker after hours, as assigned.
This position offers LIFE and WORK BALANCE!
- 100% flex time – employees have flexible full time hours to meet needs of families
- Bonuses are available for workers who meet sick leave usage levels
- 2 weeks’ vacation after the first year.
- 11 ½ paid holidays
- 4 personal days per year after the first year (pro-rated the first year)
- Begin accumulating sick leave hours on the first day of work
- Medical insurance coverage available
- Life insurance coverage
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Optional wellness plan
- On site wellness center
- Tuition reimbursement – the agency may assist you to further your education (including graduate degrees) to increase skills in your job
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (FLPS)
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Screens child abuse and/or adult protective referrals
- Maintains a caseload
- Handles emergency cases; remains on call for child abuse and neglect emergencies
- Provides or arranges transportation
- Appears in court
- Provides in home and out of home services to individuals and families
- Public Speaking
- Typing/Word Processing
- Define problems
- Establish facts
- Handle sensitive inquiries
- Work independently
- Recognize and react appropriately to unusual or threatening conditions
- Present a positive image to the public
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
NEW HIRE RATE: $17.93
**A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how the qualifications for this position are met to Ginger Mack, Clerical Specialist 4/HR at 900 E. CR 20, Tiffin
- Education: Degree in Social Work or other related fields such as public administration, human services, psychology, criminology, human resources or education.
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Associate degree and 2 years in a human services occupation**
- Employed at least 5 years in a human services occupation**
**For employment to continue, a person must obtain a job related Bachelor’s degree no later than 5 years after the date of employment
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help