Job Summary Under general direction, provides speech & hearing therapy services to NCOESC students with communication impairments in alignment with...
Job Views ( 36 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Job Summary Under general direction, provides speech & hearing therapy services to NCOESC students with communication impairments in alignment with Individual Education Plan (IEP), Evaluation Team Reports (ETR), and/or 504 plans. Facilitates the improvement of speech, language, and hearing skills needed for the student to fully engage in educational activities.
Clearances Criminal justice fingerprint/background (FBI/BCI), and public health clearances.
EEOC/ADA Disclaimer The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the education, experience, skill and ability levels typically needed to successfully perform the essential duties contained in this job description. North Central Ohio Education Service Center (NCOESC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status, military status or disability in its programs, activities, and employment policies. NCOESC fully supports the hiring and employment of individuals with physical or mental disabilities who meet the job qualifications, so long as the individuals are able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Valid Ohio Speech Pathology & Audiology and driver’s licenses. Valid Ohio Department of Education (ODE) pupil service credential.
- Valid First Aid & Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification
- Minimum of one year of speech/language therapy experience including providing services to school-aged children.
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards, ethical/legal responsibilities, and policies related to speech/language therapy in schools including ODE requirements.
- Strong relationship building, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills with school/campus staff, parents, and internal/external stakeholders. Strong interpersonal relationship skills including cultural sensitivity & competence.
- Analytical ability to conduct complex fact-finding investigations and develop plans of action to address a variety of issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of student information and records.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret assessment results and use the results to develop treatment/intervention plans and classroom strategies that are appropriate to the educational goals of the student (and within the student’s least restrictive environment).
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with high levels of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to NCOESC administration, staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency with use of PC hardware & basic software (i.e. Microsoft office), email, and office equipment (i.e., copier, fax, scanner, telephone, etc.). Proficiency with web based applications (i.e., Google Docs, ODE website, etc.), and NCOESC databases.
View Job at OMJ
36 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help