Speech Therapist – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to provide for patient evaluation and the application of a wide...
Job Views ( 0 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide for patient evaluation and the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with speech and language disorders, hearing disorders and oral motor disorders.
* Duty 1: Examines, tests, diagnoses, and administers treatments for patients with speech and language disorders, hearing disorders, and oral motor/swallowing disorders.
* Duty 2: Performs evaluations with particular attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation, auditory skills and swallowing ability.
* Duty 3: Ensures understanding with the patient, family, referring doctors and other professionals regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
* Duty 4: Develops, implements, and evaluates therapeutic speech and language programs and services that promotes Speech Therapy
* Duty 5: Provides speech articulation therapy and works with patients to develop language skills and swallowing skills as appropriate.
* Duty 6: Facilitates behavior management in patients and families as appropriate to the needs of the patient; teaches parenting skills as required.
* Duty 7: Accurately maintains records of work performed to ensure documentation, billing are in compliance to organizational and regulatory standards.
* Duty 8: Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the therapeutic process.
* Duty 9: Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Duty 10: Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Duty 11: Continues professional growth by attending educational meetings, workshops, visiting related facilities, and reading professional literature as regulated by governing boards, and licensure requirements.
* Duty 12: Participates in 4 activities per year within the community that promotes the rehabilitation department. Attends 10 staff meetings per year to ensure proper communication of departmental/organizational progress, and /or changes.
* Masters Degree in Speech Therapy
* State and national licensure in speech therapy
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help