Staff Accountant – Findlay, OH
Job ID: 401055 The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt,...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Job ID: 401055
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
As a Staff Accountant, you will work with the Assistant Controller in preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account reconciliations. You will participate in monthly closings, account analysis and support the Division in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Reporting to the Division Assistant Controller, the criteria for this position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Basic understanding of job costing and reconciliations.
- Inventory processing and monthly reconciliations
- Complete necessary journal entries as required.
- Meet information requirements, complete ad hoc projects and complete financial analyses and reconciliation of accounts.
- Monitor financial statements/balance sheet monthly and ensure all balances are appropriately analyzed and correctly stated.
- Monitor all accounting functions for the Division to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Ensure appropriate internal control standards are maintained and or improved throughout the Division.
- Meet information requests of both external and internal auditors.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Limited travel and the ability to work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Strict adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP rules.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree required/Bachelors Degree preferred. 2-5 years related experience and/or training. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Construction or materials accounting experience a plus.
The ability to read and understand various documents such as accounting guidelines, policy and procedure manuals, and safety rules. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must. The ability to hold and conduct meetings.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate problems clearly and concisely by collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
The ability to use computers with a proficiency in Hyperion, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Viewpoint experience a plus.
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help