Staff Development Specialist
Staff Development Specialist Full Time Regular Corporate Office, Fostoria, OH, US SUMMARY: This position identifies, monitors, plans, develops, and implements, staff development programs,...
Job Views ( 6 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Staff Development Specialist
SUMMARY: This position identifies, monitors, plans, develops, and implements, staff development programs, training, and policies for all employees. The Staff Development Specialist also acts as a liaison and advisor to the organization’s leadership team and assists with facilitating initiatives across the organization. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM – 5PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Reviews existing training programs for effectiveness, suggests enhancement and modifications to improve engagement, learning, performance, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization or industry.
- Directs and completes the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Assists with the development and oversight of succession planning companywide. Assists with the training and development of employees in leadership positions.
- Collaborates with leadership and/or subject matter experts in all divisions to create and present various forms and levels of training.
- Selects, trains, and assigns instructors to conduct on-the job training. Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Assists with the creation of and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and training course materials.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of assessments, and retraining requirements (LMS).
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes records of training required for regulatory compliance, as requested.
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for and participation in outside training programs when necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development/Business Administration/Education or other related fields required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relatable staff development experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to moderate large groups.
- Proficient with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help