Store Shift Supervisor
As Store Shift Supervisor at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every...
Job Views ( 13 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
As Store Shift Supervisor at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- assist a neighbor in choosing the perfect toy for a lab who loves to fetch
- stop to greet weekly regular Bruno the Chihuahua when he comes in with his human mom
- show a fourth grader how to test the water in his fish tank
- set an example for the other team members in delivering fantastic neighborly service
- assist the store’s team leaders by reinforcing the daily operational procedures and performance expectation
…all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you are more than that. You are PAWsome!
Shift Supervisor key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with store team leaders to learn and reinforce the PSP standards and daily management routines that make your store the favorite pet store in the neighborhood.
- Providing leadership coverage and covers management functions up to four times a week when team leaders are offsite.
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (cleanliness, animal care, safety and security) that ensure exceptional service is provided to our neighbors.
- Learning and performing back office procedures – like making signs, updating price changes, and imputing cashier records – to comply with standards and expectations.
- Involvement in store recruiting, onboarding and team member development.
- Communicating opportunities to improve community engagement or store performance to the team leaders.
- Act as store team members when they’re not acting as the manager-on-duty or learning operational tasks.
PAWsome Shift Supervisor candidates will have:
- 2+ years of retail experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong sales and customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to operate all equipment, including a forklift, to run the store is important, as well as the abiilty to climb ladders, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be heavy!).
- Ability to work flexible schedules, have reliable transportation, and must pass the drug screening (where allowed by law) and be 18 years or older.
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help