Summer (2021) Civil Engineering Intern
Summer (2021) Civil Engineering Intern Job Description Under supervision of the County/Deputy Engineer, the summer intern will apply civil engineering...
Job Views ( 42 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Summer (2021) Civil Engineering Intern
Under supervision of the County/Deputy Engineer, the summer intern will apply civil engineering coursework principles to perform a variety of tasks to assist with completion of county highway maintenance, repair and construction projects. Provide support for engineering projects, doing calculations, computer aided design/drafting, modeling, checking drawings, field inspection, document scanning and administrative work. Work in a team-oriented environment that encourages active participation in meetings. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performs, but is not limited to, the following duties:
· Working under close supervision of County/Deputy Engineer, assist in preparing business/engineering plans, designs, specifications, cost estimates, evaluations and/or studies. Read/interpret construction plans and documents as well as compute quantities and verify measurements.
· Assist in research, business documentation, and studies. Complete studies such as pavement condition assessments on county roadways and roadway width measurements. Compile collected data and maintain database with detailed information.
· Conduct analyses, investigations, verifications and summarize results or findings in written reports or oral presentations. Complete roadway data collection. Compile digital recordings of roadway conditions.
· Complete document scanning and indexing of engineering related documents.
· Conduct field inspections such as bridge inspection and road construction inspection on a limited basis.
· Make reports or presentations regarding progress in the completion of tasks.
· Use internal resources to learn business/engineering operations/functions and apply learning in completion of work assignments.
· Coordinate efforts with others in achieving project goals and to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
· Apply fitting analytical and problem-solving skills to successfully complete work.
· Interact with and handle inquiries from project stakeholders/others in a prompt and friendly manner.
· Receive guidance concerning programs and the method of operation.
· Must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing at accredited engineering school, having completed freshman year (minimum) towards bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
· Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail; able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and interact with all project stakeholders.
· Previous experience with AutoCAD software is preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or similar software.
· Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
· Authorized to work in the US on a full-time indefinite basis without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
· Able to reliably commute to Findlay, OH work location without relocation assistance.
· Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
· Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
· Must be able to travel to, access and navigate various project sites.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
TO APPLY: Please complete our company application and return along with your resume and any references. Our company application is found on our company website: https://www.co.hancock.oh.us/government-services/engineer
View Job at OMJ
42 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help