Supervisor Windows Systems Administration – REMOTE
Position Summary The Supervisor of Windows System Administration provides architectural oversight with regards to design, planning, and implementation of projects involving...
Job Views ( 13 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Supervisor of Windows System Administration provides architectural oversight with regards to design, planning, and implementation of projects involving the university’s most mission-critical IT applications and servers. He or she provides the highest level of system optimization and performance, ensures system scalability, support, and monitoring of the university’s key applications and servers. These include but are not limited to systems such as office 365 collaboration suite, campus email system, portal, virtualized infrastructure, storage, and the University’s ERP applications. The Supervisor of Windows Systems Administration provides direction and oversight regarding the evaluation and integration of new technologies for the team.
This position will be a remote position open to Full-Time US Residents authorized to work within the US. The position is required to work primary during US EST business hours.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight for all design/architectural server infrastructure initiatives to support new applications and critical business processes for the Windows server team. Research available technologies, determine server capacity and availability requirements, review software requirements, and determine integration strategies with other systems. Make recommendations to Manager of IT/Infrastructure for best implementation practices.
- Oversee and assist in validation of new application implementations. Validate server hardware and software installations, test clustering and failover installations, assist in troubleshooting system issues, and perform functional and scalability tests to meet forecasted load requirements.
- Assist junior members when needed in troubleshooting and resolving reported issues with operating system and application software for university mission-critical ITS services.
- Oversee and conduct security validation efforts of server hardware and operating systems to provide highest levels security, availability, and functionality of mission-critical services.
- Implement an effective and proactive monitoring strategy for essential ITS systems ensuring optimal performance, availability, and operational usefulness. This includes the evaluation of system performance trends and forecasting data in support of future hardware purchases and architectural changes needed to support the business mission.
- Collaborate with other ITS personnel and business units, serving as a consultative lead in the evaluation and use of new technologies, policies, and procedures.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available working remotely within the US. Administrative Grade Level I58. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by June 28, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Basic networking skills
- Strong background in systems security
- Understanding of SAN technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of high availability
- Experience with systems management automation
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on mission-critical applications or functions
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, IT Security, or related discipline. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- 2-3 years – Supervisory responsibility
- 3-5 years – Windows Operating Systems Administration
- 3-5 years – Enterprise Level Systems design and support
- 1-2 years – Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- 1-2 years – Technical Project Leadership
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help