Supply Chain Inventory Planner/Demand Analyst
Title: Supply Chain Inventory Planner / Demand Analyst Reports To: Director of Procurement & Supply Chain Management Primary Purpose: As a supply chain inventory planner...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Title: Supply Chain Inventory Planner / Demand Analyst
Reports To: Director of Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Primary Purpose: As a supply chain inventory planner / senior demand planning analyst, responsibilities include both demand management and inventory planning of specific product lines. Will analyze factors that impact demand for our products (i.e., category trends / trade promotions / ambitious products / seasonality / retail consumption / distribution channels / macro-economic impacts), and demonstrate statistical models or heuristic external variables to build a demand plan that quantifies the business environment in a rolling 52 week horizon. The planner ensures an adequate supply of product to service customer needs while minimizing working inventory investment by assessing demand activity. The planner will reflect demand changes in our planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records, item usage history, and forecasting files.
Primary Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of end-to-end planning of inventory from purchase requisition to customer invoice
- Validate and influence demand & inventory management plans to support projects and promotions
- Facilitate meetings with sales teams to validate forecasts over and above core business
- Conduct financial risk assessments on above
- Conduct root cause analysis when necessary
- Constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect or monitor changes in SKU level forecasts.
- Coordinate SKU level unit forecasts with agreed to Product Category revenue expectations.
- Identify current and potential product demand shifts and collaborate with buyers on developing and executing recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals.
- Provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Secondary Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in after-hours conference calls with overseas factories as required.
- Identify current and potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Maintain and update master files [items, vendors, etc.].
Johnson Plastics Plus is the leading supplier/distributor to the engraving and sign-making industry. As part of the Rowmark brand, JPP strives to provide world class products and service to our customers each day through our distribution facilities located throughout the U.S.
Johnson Plastics Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values our employees and offers a competitive pay and benefits package, an encouraging, supportive environment with training, professional development, recognition programs and career growth opportunities. Our benefits include profit-sharing, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account options, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and paid company holidays.
We believe that people have always been and will continue to drive the success of our company. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, statistics or industrial engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in high-intensity SKU environment with demand planning techniques and inventory planning methods including exposure to IBP, SIOP / S&OP, Merchandize Planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product planning and/ or supply chain including relevant internships and co-ops. Experience required in the distribution, retail, or consumer goods industry.
- Analytical and statistical (quantitative) skills
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning coordination with internal and external factories (domestic & Asia).
- Ability to bond with sales and marketing organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with GainSystems, Slimstock, Demand Solutions, Oracle, SAP or other supply chain planning systems is preferred but not mandatory.
- Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups) and general familiarity with new software systems
- Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities.
- Good understanding of Master Data and Databases
- Experience in process improvement initiatives
- Team player, experience in working in a highly cross-functional organization
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help