Surgical Attendant – 36 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Surgery Attendant is to transport patients, assist the professional nursing staff with direct...
Job Views ( 21 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Surgery Attendant is to transport patients, assist the professional nursing staff with direct patient care, and general housekeeping duties.
Duty 1: Demonstrates understanding of body mechanics utilized in transport and positioning of patients.
Duty 2: Identifies flow of daily schedules to anticipate needs of assigned OR suite.
Duty 3: Maintains delivery of patient care through identification and delivery of supplies and equipment.
Duty 4: Utilizes effective communication with all departments to achieve transfer of information necessary for continuous patient care.
Duty 5: Promotes clean safe working environment through safe transport and disposal of biohazardous items.
Duty 6: Demonstrates understanding of sterile techniques utilized in the preparation and completion of surgical procedures.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Able to follow instructions, verbal and written, in English.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* This position requires On-call duties which would require that you arrive at the facility within 30 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in sitting, walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate must help transport patients and be able to lift 50 pounds or more. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, fine finger dexterity and manipulation. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulders and operate foot controls. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
21 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help