Job Title: Teacher Assistant Summary: Assist teachers with the daily operations in compliance with all policies, procedures, licensing and funding requirements. High School –...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Job Title: Teacher Assistant
Summary: Assist teachers with the daily operations in compliance with all policies, procedures, licensing and funding requirements. High School – $11.75; Associates-$12.95 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementing developmentally appropriate activities and strategies which support the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of preschool children.
- Assist with providing anage appropriate learning environment that allows for individual differences.
- Assist with promoting and encouraging a positive learning environment and nurturing teacher child interactions.
- Substitute for teaching staff; assist with classroom activities.
- Organize, sanitize and store classroom equipment and supplies.
- Recruit and direct volunteers.
- Assist in conducting 2 educational home visits per child per year.
- Maintain accurate records and submit records as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract one and two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight, measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions provided by supervisor. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions (i.e. working around moving parts or machines). Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as safety goggles, gloves, steel toe shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.or High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
According to the Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007 employees in this position must have a child development associate (CDA) credential, be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years, or have an associate or baccalaureate degree.
Up to one-year experience in early childhood development and up to one-year experience with word processing and internet software.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help