General Position Description The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and...
Job Views ( 7 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
General Position Description
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
This position reports to Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Full or part-time, Year round
Wage will be based on education and years of experience in the field.
To Apply: Submit a resume to [email protected]
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Communicable Disease and Child Abuse
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help