Job Description Job Title: Teacher Summary: Provide supervision, care and developmentally appropriate learning activities to preschool age children in a classroom environment; develop and...
Job Views ( 2 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Job Title: Teacher
Summary: Provide supervision, care and developmentally appropriate learning activities to preschool age children in a classroom environment; develop and implement lesson plans; prepare instructional materials; and comply with all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an age appropriate learning environment that allows for individual differences; promote and encourage a positive learning environment and nurturing teacher child interactions; use the Creative Curriculum to guide the creation of the learning environment.
- Plan and prepare weekly lessons; identify and select instructional supplies and provide instruction to students.
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities and strategies which support the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of preschool children.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, clean, safe and functional environment that supports and respects each child’s gender, culture, language and ethnicity.
- Create, organize and maintain instructional materials and supplies; rotate classroom materials routinely.
- Plan, train, assess, and direct the work of teacher assistants, substitutes, and classroom volunteers.
- Observe, document and assess the developmental level of each child. Use appropriate tools and information from parents, staff and professionals to create an individualized plan for each enrolled child. Implement children’s Individualized Education Plan (I.E.P) goals.
- Prepare reports and monitor the ongoing progress of each individual child on an ongoing basis. At least two times per year conduct parent teacher conferences for each child. Communicate with parents the educational and social progress of children.
- Plan and conduct two educational home visits per child to support the developmental level of each child and the engagement of parents in their child’s education.
- Plan and prepare individualized activities for each child and their parent to complete at home as an extension to the weekly lesson plans; document on in-kind form.
- Accurately prepare, maintain and timely submit required paper work including child’s portfolio assessment data, work and records, anecdotal notes based on assessment criteria done on a weekly basis, attendance sheets, incident reports, in-kind forms, lesson plans, etc.
- Articulate children’s progress and/or problems/concerns in a timely manner to the Center Specialist and ensure cooperation, collaboration and assistance in best meeting children’s needs.
- Assist with the recruitment of eligible children as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or Associate’s degree with agreement to obtain Bachelor’s Degree within 4 years of hire.
One to three years experience in early childhood development and up to one year experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract one and two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight, measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions (i.e. working around moving parts or machines). Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as safety goggles, gloves, steel toe shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help