Technical Specialist Lead $22.76 Hourly
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow. Graham Packaging is a leading...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Technical Specialist Lead based in Findlay, OH. This opening is for Night Shift, which operates during the hours of 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM.
The starting pay for this position is $22.76, which includes a $.75 shift differential for Night Shift.
Technical Specialist Leads are responsible for monitoring and processing of machines to ensure employee safety, high quality containers and maximize machine efficiency. Work closely with the Production Shift Supervisor to evaluate, train and develop the Operators. Make repairs and modifications that are beyond the abilities of the Operators. Technical Specialist Leads will perform all the duties and responsibilities of the Operator as assigned. The primary duties of a Technical Specialist Lead include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Leads in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Assist in mold changes, new molds, resin trials and equipment installation, etc., as required.
- Assist in problem solving events and maintain line efficiencies to meet standard
- Assist the Production Shift Supervisor and/or Process Engineer in facilitating the evaluation, training and development of Operators.
- Communicate and works with the Shift Supervisor to determine production priorities based on shift activities.
- Communicate observed safety, production or quality problems to the Shift Supervisor or Manager
- Communicate processing information or issues to designated personnel on incoming shift.
- Complete appropriate documentation to track downtime, process changes and adjustments. May also be required to accurately record other reports as trained and assigned.
- Complete Standard Work as outlined for the position.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Conduct new operator training.
- Demonstrate tasks to employees in authorized classifications as assigned.
- Drives the attaining of budgeted line speeds and efficiencies by interacting with the Production, Quality, and Maintenance departments
- Initiate timely corrective actions when issues arise.
- Maintain a commitment to promote a respectful and productive team environment; assist and train others as needed, help with break coverage
- Serve as a backup to the Supervisor in times of absence.
- Manage lunches, breaks and overtime with the Production Shift Supervisor for other production employees to ensure that the shift performance is not affected.
- Monitors daily Operator paperwork, hour by hour boards and quality data and communicate with the Production Shift Supervisor to coordinate production line support staff in accomplishing the lines’ objectives.
- Responsible for the organization and disposition of raw materials during the shift (regrind, color, rail cars, silos).
- Troubleshoot the machines and programs the lines beyond the Operator’s ability and utilizing the opportunity as on the job training for the Operator.
- Work with the Maintenance Technicians and Process Technicians on preventative maintenance duties.
- Limited travel may be required
Technical Specialist Leads are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing required. Prior leadership experience preferred.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help