Technology Support Specialist – BGSU Firelands
Provides campus-wide technology support with client satisfaction and excellent customer service as the ultimate goal. Technology support involves a variety...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Provides campus-wide technology support with client satisfaction and excellent customer service as the ultimate goal. Technology support involves a variety of computers, systems, software, classroom technology, and peripherals in a variety of environments (offices, classrooms, labs). This position interacts with a diverse population of clients (faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, and more) over the phone, via chat, remote support software, and/or on site (in-person). As the primary representative for Information Technology Services (ITS) to the campus community, this position is responsible for collaborating with ITS departmental staff and other faculty and staff on campus to develop solutions for client issues.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs hardware and software installations, diagnostics, repair, maintenance, data recovery, data transfer, and upgrades on Windows and Macintosh computers deployed across campus and some off-campus locations; also provides support for mobile devices that connect to Microsoft Exchange, as well as printer connection support. Provides client-level network configuration and troubleshooting for both Windows and Macintosh computers, and escalates network, application, or server issues to the appropriate teams as necessary.
- Prioritizes and responds to issues reported to the Technology Support Center, or as necessary as delegated by a supervisor. Also maintains a record of service calls, completed services, communications with clients, asset information, and escalation of issues in a centralized ticketing system.
- Provides client consultation, project management, and technical support for specific University projects which utilize information technology.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date physical asset inventory utilizing the department’s centralized asset management systems.
- Maintains security practices and procedures for the protection, security, and privacy of all computer systems deployed on campus. Performs diagnostics and repair of computer systems that have become infected with viruses and other malicious software. Escalates security issues to the security team as necessary.
- Creates and revises self-help documentation for use by clients. Provides one on one instruction for faculty, staff, students and other BGSU community members as needed. Coordinates student employees in day to day technical support for BGSU and provides ongoing training to student employees in dealing with technology support issues.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: October 9, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills while supporting a diverse population.
- Competency in the support of desktop operating systems (MacOS and Windows).
- Competency in the support of application software (MacOS and Windows).
- Competency in the support of computer hardware (MacOS and Windows).
- Competency in computer networking configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge with anti-virus software desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Knowledge in MS Exchange desirable
- Knowledge in various mobile operating systems (Android, iOS) desirable.
Associate degree required. Successful candidate must have degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
2 years of professional experience or 4 years as a student employee in any of the following areas:
- Hardware support and maintenance
- Software and operating system support and maintenance
- Software application deployment
- Enterprise systems support and maintenance
- Computer networking support experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The following experience is preferred:
- Higher education experience.
- 1 or more years of SCCM and/or JAMF administration experience.
- Experience packaging and managing software deployments for classrooms and computer labs in a higher education environment.
- Experience with scripting languages (powershell, shell scripting, python)
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help