Therapeutic Recreational/Life Enrichment Director
Therapeutic Recreation/Life Enrichment Director Volunteers of America is looking for engaging, compassionate and energetic Therapeutic Recreation/Life Enrichment Director to coordinate and...
Job Views ( 6 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Therapeutic Recreation/Life Enrichment Director
Volunteers of America is looking for engaging, compassionate and energetic Therapeutic Recreation/Life Enrichment Director to coordinate and participate in our resident’s activities. The role is vital to the overall spirit and zest to our community. Be an impactful figure in the daily lives and make a difference!
* 1. Designs and implements a lifestyle plan for the entire building, including monthly scheduling of activities for entire building and maintaining a supply of inventory of necessary materials. Programs should include the following:
a. Physical activities (e.g., exercise, walks, group exercise with objects such as ball, parachute, etc.);
b. Arts and crafts;
c. Educational (e.g., news and current events);
e. Special events (e.g., holiday parties, etc.);
f. Outings and trips;
g. Life skills (e.g., meal set up, dusting, folding/sorting clothing, sewing on buttons, etc.).
2. Responsible for the direction and training of Home Health Aides in implementing programs as designed for the special program areas. This will be in coordination with administrative staff.
3. Manages monthly and yearly budgets for departments.
4. Attends training offered by the National Services office or other organizations (e.g., Alzheimer’s Association) in programming and creative ideas for an activity-focused philosophy.
5. Responsible for the IN2L (It’s Never 2 Late) system and training the Residents on the program incorporating the use of the internet and e-mail systems.
6. Coordinate all activities surrounding recruitment and planning for volunteer participation, including volunteer recruitment, training, job assignment and recognition.
7. Responsible for the creation of the monthly resident newsletter and ensuring distribution to all in the building as well as resident family members.
8. Other projects as assigned by the Residence Director.
* Top benefit packages
* Growth and advancement opportunities
* Flexible schedules
* Pay in lieu of benefits options
* Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
* Career scholarships
* Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
* Employee discount program
Why Choose Volunteers of America during this pandemic?
Work where you feel safe. During the National Public Health Emergency caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, do you want to work in one of the safest environments possible? A place where the people you serve average 85% fully vaccinated? A place where your co-workers will also be fully vaccinated? Recently, the Healthcare division of Volunteers of America National Services decided to require vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. While this decision was difficult, we understand that we care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we serve. This commitment extends to another very important group of individuals, our employees.
Join us today in providing care and services to older adults in an organization that cares deeply about the health and well-being of others; those we care for, our employees, our community and our Nation.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in therapeutic recreation; or bachelor’s degree with major concentration in a human service area; or completion of a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
2. Minimum two (2) years experience in a management position in a health care setting.
3. If operating company vehicle you must be twenty-one (21) years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
4. Able to understand and follow procedure
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help