Position Summary Recruits prospective transfer students to Bowling Green State University. Will use a territory management approach to build relationships with...
Job Views ( 12 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Recruits prospective transfer students to Bowling Green State University. Will use a territory management approach to build relationships with transfer prospects and applicants to meet goals and objectives for territory. Use a data review approach and critical thinking skills to determine recruitment and outreach activities focused on transfer populations. Travels to top feeder community colleges. Offers supplemental advising recommendations and degree planning guidance to an assigned group and diverse population of undergraduate transfer students both on and off campus. Conducts large and small group presentations and personal interviews with prospective students and families. Reviews applications for admission and makes admission decisions. Manages communication/interactions with students using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Provides essential support and service to prospective and dually admitted transfer students and contribute to the university’s goals of promoting student learning, development, and success, as well as student persistence and timely graduation. Some remote work is possible.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages recruitment territory
- Conducts individual transfer advising appointments on and off campus
- Prepares unofficial transfer credit evaluations
- Community college visits, transfer fairs, recruitment events
- Reviews applications
- Updates transfer resources and educates themselves on transfer credit changes and trends at BG and partner community colleges
- Guides transfers through registration preparation/next steps following admission
- Supports in executing recruitment events
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘November 9, 2022’.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Transfer admissions or advising experience preferred
- Ability to travel (occasional overnights and weekends)
- Strong analytical skills to make recruitment decisions based on historical data and trends that will positively affect recruitment
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight timelines and pressure
- Entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet targets
- Ability to work with faculty, administration, and undergrad students; sensitivity to the needs of a diverse and non-traditional student population; interpersonal/human relations skills
- Knowledge of transfer credit process, University policies and processes, and Department of Education guidelines
Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- One year of advising or recruiting experience in higher education.
- Advising, consulting, or recruiting transfer student population
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help