Transportation Manager – 2nd Shift
This is a 2nd shift Management position that will include travel to several domiclie locations. JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This...
Job Views ( 22 )
Findlay , OhioHancock County
This is a 2nd shift Management position that will include travel to several domiclie locations.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Transportation Department and helps provide 24 hours coverage. The primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing function by offering the highest levels of logistics support. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities. They must drive key performance indicators for cost savings, and maintain efficient utilization of manpower through proper scheduling and training in order to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to: * Direct and motivate teammates. * Coordinate the investigation of accidents, injuries, or unsafe conditions through the application of company safety standards. * Be responsible for compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. * Maintain fleet in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards. Comply effectively with company work and safety rules. * Provide general supervision of all transportation operations managers and functional processes within the department. * Ensure that transportation procedures, including routing parameters, offer cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability. * Prepare, manage and benchmark transportation elements of profit and loss statement. * Oversee all department re-bids and re-routes. * Be on call with cell phone or pager response during off duty hours. * Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Transportation teammates and management staff. * Facilitate communication within the management team and between the teammates and management. * Conduct scheduled performance reviews for all management staff and submit recommendations for salary adjustments. * Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force. * Enforce general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates. * Assign accountability within staff to track and trend key performance indicators. * Exhibit leadership and maintain level of managerial professionalism at all times. * Work with Distribution Center Manager to resolve issues between warehousing and distribution. * Plan, assign and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems. * Work more than 10 hours each day and more than 5 days each week as needed due to the high demands of the business and the responsibility over a large number of teammates. * Maintain a flexible wo… For full info follow application link. McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
* Have a minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation, preferably a distribution center.
* Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; PEOPLE NET or similar programs (preferred).
* Have experience in managing of large numbers of driving staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating teammates, and resolving employee relations issues.
* Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
* Have minimum of 4 years of accounting, planning, analytical and/or reporting experience, in positions with increasing responsibility is preferred.
* Have detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and teammates.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Have strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
* Have knowledge of distribution systems to include order routing, backhaul and transfer procedures.
* Be able to successfully pass an education/experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The work conditions for this position include both office and warehouse environments.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center and Transportation Shop. Material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
* This position may require working in hot and cold temperature extremes, exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
View Job at OMJ
22 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.