Transportation Shop Supervisor – 1st Shift
This is a 1st shift Supervisor position in our Transportation Shop. JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for...
Job Views ( 17 )
Findlay , OhioHancock County
This is a 1st shift Supervisor position in our Transportation Shop.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining successful operations of an assigned area, department, or shift of the warehouse/distribution center. It ensures that the department has adequate staffing, proper training, the needed tools and resources, standards of productivity, safety and sanitation, and proper procedures of stocking, selection, and quality that will meet customer demands for accurate, quality, on-time deliveries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to: Direct and motivate teammates. Communicate company and division information to teammates. Listen, address and follow-up to teammate concerns, questions and problems. Facilitate communication within the warehouse leadership team and between division/warehouse leadership and teammates. Understand DC goals and standards, implement department procedures to meet those standards, and promote them to and gain buy-in and positive results from teammates; standards may include but will not be limited to: productivity, order quality, damages, shrinkage, safety, sanitation, turnover and overtime. Ensure department and warehouse procedures will cut unnecessary costs, add value for customers, and improve morale and the work environment for teammates. Ensure the work environment is maintained in a clean and safe manner following government, company and Silliker standards. Supervise and manage daily work of department teammates. Create and maintain schedules and job assignments of department teammates. Maintain all departmental paperwork. Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce. Provide coaching/corrective action, training and development for teammates. Enforce all Distribution Center policies and issue coaching/corrective action as needed. Ensure adherence to proper operational and safety procedures. Be a visible and a vocal advocate for safety. Relieve other supervisor(s) during their vacations. Comply with company work and safety rules. Follow directions. Work independently and in a team environment. Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire. Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division. Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38F to 110F; a supervisor assigned to the fre… For full info follow application link.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a 4-year degree or equivalent professional training and experience in heavy maintenance discipline.
- Have 5 – 7 years job experience on major diesel repairs, heavy duty tractor- trailer repairs, major refrigeration maintenance and repairs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Have strong technical working knowledge of Medium/Heavy equipment.
- Possess computer skills including Windows, MSOffice and maintenance related computer systems.
- Possess a Valid Class C Driver?s License. Prefer Class A.
- Preferred knowledge to handle all trailer and reefer repairs.
- Have half of the following certifications with the other half achieved in 90 days of employment:
- A current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Brakes (Test T4)
- A current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Suspension and Steering (Test T5)
- Have one or all certifications in Cummins, Detroit or Maxx Force 13 Engines
- Brake systems and components
- Tractor diagnostics and repairs
- Spicer-fuller, Eaton transmissions
- Spicer-fuller, Eaton differentials
- Have knowledge of OSIIA, EPA, DOT and CSA related procedures and safety regulations.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.