Transportation Specialist – Legacy Farmers Cooperative – Findlay, OH
HIRING MANAGER: Lisa Christman Job Description: * Directly involved with customers on a daily basis transporting grain, farm chemicals/fertilizers and making Lawn...
Job Views ( 17 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
HIRING MANAGER: Lisa Christman
* Directly involved with customers on a daily basis transporting grain, farm chemicals/fertilizers and making Lawn & Pet Store deliveries.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Working knowledge of ag business and farm operations
* This position requires a full range of body motion including bending, squatting and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and reach work above shoulders
* Positive Customer-Service oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Self-motivated and ability to work well with others and independently
* High school graduate with additional transportation background
* CDL required – Class A – will need the ability to also obtain Tanker/Hazmat endorsements
* Ability to help at other Legacy locations as needed on short term basis
* Have experience or willing to learn operation of a forklift/truck mounted forklift
* Have experience or willing to learn how to use tanker trailer, van box, flatbed and hopper trailer
* Must be able to keep accurate records of deliveries
* Basic computer skills
* Promote Legacy Farmers Cooperative to enhance the image of the co-op, its members and employees
* Required to uphold LFC’s safety policies
Miscellaneous Information & Preferred Experience:
* No overnight travel
* Proof of and maintaining a safe driving record is a condition of employment and will be certified and monitored by LFC’s insurance provider
* Standard work week is Monday through Friday; needs of the business may dictate exceptions to this standard
* Overtime as required during planting and harvest season and as business requires
* Applicants agree to be drug tested as a condition of employment and will not be hired should he/she fail to produce a negative test
* Possesses flexibility and adaptability in meeting constraints and demands
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help