Tutor/Teacher – Part time
Sylvan Learning of the Bowling Green, OH area – We are actively seeking energetic individuals with a passion for helping students...
Job Views ( 63 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Sylvan Learning of the Bowling Green, OH area – We are actively seeking energetic individuals with a passion for helping students achieve academic success. Must have current or past teaching license/certification and be able to provide current background check. Please contact us for more details if interested.
The Sylvan Teacher is responsible for creating a positive personal learning experience for students by teaching students using Sylvan program materials. Using the program materials, the teacher creates balanced and robust learning experiences for students. The Sylvan Teacher evaluates student progress on each assignment, communicates this progress, and works with Center staff to ensure learning is personal for each student.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares for each instructional session; Gathers and prepares materials as appropriate
- Greets students and initiates instruction to personally engage each student
- Instructs students according to the design of the Sylvan programs
- Manages students, tasks and time to create a balanced and robust instructional session
- Evaluates and records the progress of each student on their program assignment
- Uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are engaged and inspired to learn
- Motivates students with Sylvan tokens given for specific achievements according to the Sylvan instructional management standards
- Records and tracks tokens earned by students
- Manages the conclusion of each instructional session and manages the completion of learning log and transition activities; Supports procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
- Communicates specific student needs to Center staff
- Attends periodic staff meetings and completes ongoing training as needed
- Completes certification training on each Sylvan program taught to students
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong team player
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
View Job at OMJ
63 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help