Ultrasound Tech PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Provide diagnostic images and appropriate measurements through the use of ultrasound equipment for the purpose of diagnosis...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Provide diagnostic images and appropriate measurements through the use of ultrasound equipment for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomical and physiological disorders under the direction and supervision of the physicians while maintaining professional ethics.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
* Duty 1: Selects proper technique and protocols pertaining to the department, including paperwork, and demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 2: Consistently able to multi-task, work in a timely manner and adjust to busy or stressful situation easily and calmly.
* Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem solving skills and seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
* Duty 4: Regularly strives to educate themselves, physicians, and the office to enhance the imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral pattern.
* Duty 5: Explains procedures to patient, ensuring understanding, comfort, safety and privacy as well as inquiring of patient, and/or representative a thorough medical history, as it pertains to procedure being done.
* Duty 6: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Duty 7: Demonstrates appropriate documentation of scans in EMR.
* Duty 8: Maintains appropriate continuing education and licensure.
* Graduate of an AMA approved school of Medical Sonography.
* Must be Registry Eligible. New hires will be given 24 months following date of hire to become registered through ARDMS.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit for two hours. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must have vision corrected and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help